Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sample Dispute Letter Requesting a Reinvestigation of Items on Your Credit Report

Date

ATTN: CUSTOMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT

Credit Bureau Address

Dear TRW:

I have been around and around with your company regarding the errors which I have. And they continue to remain on my consumer credit report.I am again noting that problems have been discovered and they continue to remain unresolved.

I don’t know how to better state my problem nor do I know how to correct the errors.

The following accounts are not mine.

Account names and numbers

Since you have not given me names of persons with their business addresses that you contacted for re-verification of information, so that I could follow up as I requested, I assume that you have not been able to verify the information I have disputed.If this problem continues and I am forced to seek some form of professional assistance, you have been forewarned of the harm which this problem is causing me.

I shall assume that 30 days constitutes a “reasonable time” to complete these actions unless you immediately notify me otherwise.

Send me an updated copy of my credit report with these items deleted.

Thanks,

Signature
Your name
Address
SS#