Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sample Letter to Dispute Credit Report

Date

Credit BureauAddress

RE: Acct#..

Dear TRW:

I have just received my credit report and have noted that it contains erroneous information regarding the following accounts. I would like them deleted from my record:

Collection Account____________ This is not correct, please remove it.
American Express___________ This is not mine please delete it.Sears Account__________ this is mine but was never past due.

Please reinvestigate and delete these disputed items. 30 days constitutes a reasonable amount of time to confirm these. Please send names and business addresses of those persons you contacted for any verifications also, as per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, please send me notification that the items have been deleted.

Please send an updated copy of my credit report to the following address:

Sincerely,

Your name
Your address
Your Social Security #