Tuesday, January 31, 2006

General Dispute Letter to a Collection Agency

Date

Collection Address

RE: Acct. # ...

To whom it may concern:

When living in New Jersey, I received service through ______ Telephone Company. During that time, there were numerous billing errors. I kept being mixed up with another family. Though time consuming and aggravating for me, the phone company always found and corrected the errors.Before moving to New York, I stopped service and paid the final bell. I never thought I would continue to be plagued with ____ Telephone Company errors.

I am sure if you speak to a human being and not a computer at ______ Telephone Company, there will be a record of the problems we were having with wrong billings. I am also certain you will discover this is not my debt.

Though I was assured by the phone company at the time that my name was not the cause of the errors, I’m not so sure.I would truly appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely,

Your Name
Address